• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Jamie Redknapp blasts Man Utd's Casemiro for 'playing like he's in Soccer Aid'

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Jamie Redknapp blasts Man Utd's Casemiro for 'playing like he's in Soccer Aid'

0_Bournemouth-v-Manchester-United-Premier-League-13-Apr-2024.jpg

He will retire as a true legend of football, but Jamie Redknapp believes Casemiro is already playing like he's in retirement at Manchester United

Liverpool legend Jamie Redknapp accused Manchester United midfielder Casemiro of playing like he is competing in Soccer Aid.

The Brazilian, 32, was once again too easy to play against in United's 2-2 away draw to Bournemouth in the Premier League. In his debut campaign, Casemiro was a huge success when he arrived from Real Madrid in a surprising £70million deal in the summer of 2022.

However, he has found himself on the end of huge swathes of criticism, as many fans and pundits believe he is not protecting United's injury prone back-line. While analysing his laboured efforts to stop the Cherries' second goal at the Vitality Stadium, Redknapp completely lost his temper with the five-time Champions League winner.

“He can see there’s a problem, he now decides to walk? Why are you walking there? There are things happening so quickly,” Redknapp said during his analysis of Kluivert’s goal for Sky Sports. “I’m thinking Rodri or Declan Rice, two of the best players in that position, are they going to be walking there when they know that he’s got to face him in a one-on-one situation?

“Why’s he not thinking, ‘I want to come across and help my mate’, he’s [Kambwala] 19 years of age, you’ve got experience, you’ve won Champions Leagues. He carries on still walking, now he decides to get into a bit of a jog, if he would’ve ran, or decided to just change pace a little bit, he would’ve blocked that [goal from Kluivert].

“He has to see that danger first of all. What I’m on about is the culture, running, sprinting and helping your teammates. I watched Casemiro at times today, I’ve watched him for many years, he’s won of my favourite defensive midfield players in world football, I love watching him play, but right now I watch and he looks like he’s in Soccer Aid.

“He looks like he’s playing at such a pace where the game’s a bit of fun, there’s celebrities coming on the pitch, no, this is the Premier League. You’ve got so much experience and that’s isn’t really a case of anything else apart from running.”

Redknapp concluded his rant by saying: “And at the moment, he’s [Casemiro] not setting the right examples to the young players around him. Like I said, I’m a massive fan, but that isn’t good enough, if you’re sprinting you could’ve stopped that.”

Casemiro has made 25 appearances for United this season in all competitions, contributing five goals and three assists.

Daily Star Sunday