• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Kalvin Phillips reacts to 'useless' shout with X-rated gesture boarding West Ham coach

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Kalvin Phillips reacts to 'useless' shout with X-rated gesture boarding West Ham coach

0_JS329103020.jpg

Kalvin Phillips' relationship with West Ham fans hit new depths after he was caught aiming an X-rated salute at one individual who branded him 'useless' after the dramatic defeat at Newcastle

Kalvin Phillips has been caught on camera aiming an X-rated salute at furious West Ham supporters following the 4-3 defeat at Newcastle.

Phillips was boarding the team coach outside St James’ Park when he was barracked by fuming Hammers supporters, who had seen their side surrender a 3-1 lead to lose a seven-goal thriller. One supporter could be heard shouting “useless” at Phillips, who was filmed responding with a middle finger gesture.

A fan could then be heard yelling “get out” at the former Leeds midfielder in the viral footage. Phillips, 28, only joined the Hammers from Manchester City at the end of the January transfer window, but his loan spell has been nothing short of a disaster.

That continued against Newcastle as he conceded a penalty for Newcastle’s second goal after being adjudged to have brought down Anthony Gordon. Hammers boss Moyes did feel the decision was unjust, though.

“I think a couple of decisions the referee made on penalty kicks,” said Moyes. “I think the second one, Gordon restricts Kalvin Phillips from kicking the ball. I actually think it's the wrong decision. We had so many things that didn't go in our favour today.”

West Ham’s collapse coincided with Phillips replacing forward Michail Antonio with just over 20 minutes of regulation time remaining. The Hammers were 3-1 up and coasting at the time.

Explaining the tactical tweak, Moyes said: “I thought an extra midfield player would give us a bit more control in the middle of the pitch at that time. But obviously it didn’t work.

“At the time, I felt that they were slightly the better team. We were 2-1, we got 3-1 but from that point onwards, we needed to defend well and be stronger and be harder to play against.

“But hey, we scored three, they scored four, we lose the game. We did a lot of good things, certainly going forward. Our attacking play as very good.”

Surely even Gareth Southgate can't be thinking of taking him to Euro 2024 with England on his current form. It remains to be seen if City will have any interest from clubs in him this summer at this rate, although Leeds United have been linked with a move back for their former midfielder should they be promoted.

Daily Star Sunday