• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

20 Case Mods Crazy e único

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Futurama-PC-Case-Mod,5-O-246444-13.jpg

Um ventilador die-hard decidiu ir porcas e construir mods vários casos baseado na série animada de TV Futurama. Neste caso, temos Leela , com base em um boneco de exposição real feito de espuma de pressão. Embora o exterior seria um pouco assustador em um quarto escuro durante a noite, as casas do interior do mod é uma placa-mãe mini-ITX apenas dentro de suas costas. Seu um olho na verdade tem uma Webcam e LCD montado no braço realmente funciona. Um pendrive pode ser inserido em seu polegar ... ... erm. Desculpe, esta é simplesmente assustador.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Microwave-PC-Case-Mod,5-M-246442-13.jpg

Seen here at the CES 2003 exhibition, this mod should speak for itself, using a microwave oven as a chassis. Mounted on the top is a DVD drive and the microwave door is actually an LCD panel. Within the device, you won't find room to heat up a meal, but rather the PC components. The modder replaced the microwave's controls for PC-based controls including the power, reset, and even volume buttons. The only thing missing here is a background image on the LCD depicting a severed, cooked head.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Red-Tower-PC-Case-Mod,5-P-246445-13.jpg

Although this chassis looks simply awesome, the modder didn't present much detail regarding this Red Tower mod. Based on the images, this rig features Nvidia SLI graphics, three cooling fans mounted on both sides of the base, and a custom water-cooled system. The entire rig costs around $6,620 and took 700 hours to build. It's clear that this modder should be an architect.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Battle-Mech-PC-Case-Mod,5-N-246443-13.jpg

Created by designer Ron Sole, this Battle Mech named "Atlas" took a year to complete. It stands about 3 ft. tall (2.5 ft., when it's in a walking stance), 27" wide, and 27" thick from its back to gun tip, and weighs approximately 60 lbs. On a whole, this robotic rig houses 1TB of storage consisting of two hard drives mounted on each side. It also features 1.5GB of RAM, an MSI Theater 550 Pro, MSI's K8N Neo4 motherboard, an AMD CPU, an Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS, and more.

The power supply, directly behind the red 80 mm fan, is on aluminum rails that slide out the back for maintenance or replacement, Sole says. The motherboard also slides directly out the back by removing the back screws. The front lexan and hood are removable for easy access to motherboard, RAM, cards, etc.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
motorcycle-pc-case-mod,A-R-246627-13.jpg

Russian designer Dennis "Xooler" IIyin entered his monster PC mod in an Nvidia-sponsored contest and won second place. The design should speak for itself, replacing the motorcycle's engine with his custom-built PC. The glowing green cylinders mounted on the rear aren't just for decoration, but serve as a water jacket to keep this PC's "engine" nice and cool. Other than what you see in the pictures, that's all the available information. However, you can check out the other Nvidia-themed case mods in the Nvidia mod contest.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Doom-3-Pc-Case-Mod,A-Q-246626-13.jpg

On March 3, 2005, Paul Capello began his Doom 3-themed PC mod with an Antec Super Lanboy case. About 14 months later, the end result was an awesome display of creativity, detail, and sheer determination in the form of a monster PC.

"This case will be a Doom 3 gaming monster and DangerDen water-cooled and [will have] top-of-the-line hardware and components that have yet to be determined," he said at the beginning of the project.

Eventually, Capello had to add an extension onto the rear so that the PC Power and Cooling 510 SLi PSU could be pulled out two inches to allow for "wire management and components."

When we contacted Capello about the rig, he sent over a few highlights, listed below:

Inspired by the graphic artwork within the Doom 3 game (i.e. the industrial/military look and feel);
The decorative and structural components were created from scratch, using polystyrene plastic sheets;
Used a "kit-bashing' method to add smaller details. Many parts from military tank models, sci-fi models, and found objects;
All the moving parts, like the blast door and Airlock, were custom-fabricated and engineered;
The smoke generator was from a model train supply store and uses oil to create the smoke;
Moving parts like the airlock and blast door are controlled by infrared remote. The lighting is also remotely controlled;
The 7" LCD monitor is touch controlled;
The case was painted by airbrush and by hand.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Edelweiss-PC-Case,C-7-215575-13.jpg

This PC actually appeared last year, designed by Pius Giger in Switzerland. The details were rather scarce even back then, but this PC still looks striking today, combining functionality with modern art. Even with the front panel removed, the inner wiring is orderly and in tune with the PC's overall red/black/white theme. But it's not all about the looks--an image of the PC sporting the Abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 motherboard indicates that it offers more than just sophisticated appearances. In fact, two Nvidia graphics cards are pictured mounted inside.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Dalek-Pc-Case-Mod,A-P-246625-13.jpg

Created by John Machin, this PC case mod is based on Doctor Who's arch nemesis, the Daleks.

"It was not meant to be a high-spec running machine, as I was only going to run Opensuse Linux on it anyway but I have tried XP and Windows 7 on it and both run smoothly," he told us. "The hardware I used was an MSI K8MM3-V 64-bit motherboard, AMD's Sempron 3300+ 2.00 GHz CPU, 512 MB of DDR memory, a 550-watt black Magna power supply, a Seagate ST380011A80 GB IDE hard drive, a 256 MB Nvidia GeForce FX 5600XT graphics card, and a Lian motherboard tray to attach the motherboard.

"At the end, the Dalek project took about three months to do in the spare time I had. I was pleased with the end result, and I hope it encourages others to do a PC case project as well. Will I be doing another PC case? Most probably once the summer is over in 2010...if we get one that is. I have seen a full-size Dalek called Dalek Storm made by Alan Clarke, which is very impressive, so I may make one like that."

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Danger-Den,G-U-246846-13.jpg

Richard "Darth Beavis" Surroz actually built this awesome rig for Nvidia late last year for a charity auction. As the name might indicate, the money gained from its sale went to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and the eBay sale actually brought-in a meaty $5,600 (Surroz donated an additional $1,500 via CPU Magazine). Inside the greenish hull, the pure-performance PC features hardware from Nvidia, Danger Den, Intel, Crucial, Asus, Silverstone, and Smooth Creations. On the processor front, it uses Intel's Core i7-975 Extreme Edition, while Nvidia provided the GeForce GTX 295. Performance PCs donated PSU sleeving services.

More hardware specs can be found here.

"My buddy, Paul, from Nvidia asked me months ago if I would do a mod for a charity (the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society)," Surroz said. "How could I say no? At the time, we both thought it would just be a modest build and might raise a little money for a good cause. Well, things sort of went beyond what we thought with all sorts of vendors helping out."

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
motorized-Madness,G-V-246847-13.jpg

Dan Coe's Motorized Madness started out as a 3D model so he could get a feel for how to get all the motorized parts to work. "There will be several panels on the case that will be motorized to reveal objects, fans, controls etc," he said on his project page. "Some panels will be hidden, and some will be obvious. The most electronically-challenging part of this mod will be to integrate all the motorization with a controller and have them automatically open on Windows start and close on Windows shutdown." With a turbine mounted on top, he managed to create his motorized monster in around seven and a half months.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
great-pyramid,G-W-246848-13.jpg

Here's an interesting case built by polo360x, which first appeared over a year ago. According to this post, the actual chassis is 7.5 lbs. and is made of laser-cut, (very) high-quality black and silver aluminum. The base measures 19" x 19" and is 25" high. Inside the rig, you'll see an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 B3 overclocked at 3.15 GHz. It also has 4GB of memory overclocked to 1,066 MT/s, a Zotac GeForce 8800GT AMP! Edition graphics card, a 500W power supply, a 500GB Caviar WD 3 Gb/s SATA hard drive, and more.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
CoolIT,G-X-246849-13.jpg

This chillin' PC was designed by 19-year old Dominic Heiße of Russia, who named the rig after the manufacturer of the Boreas liquid-cooling system mounted within. As seen here on this Web site, the mod was built from scratch using medium-density fiberboard (MDF) for the main case structure. For the ice and snow effect, Plexiglas was used to create icicles while layers of Bondo gave it an "arctic" appearance. A total of 15 fans are mounted on the back, decked out with numerous blue LEDs to give the rig an overall chilly appearance. To see the step-by-step construction of this cool rig

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Nvidia-ION-Cube,I-Z-246923-13.jpg

This post shows how Mnpctech built his cube-shaped PC mod for Nvidia's ION contest. Just by looking at the photos, it's no surprise that the neon rig won. However, there's naturally more to this box than what meets the eye. System specs include Zotac's 330 ION ITX, AU motherboard, 4GB of Corsair Twin2X4096-6400CD, a 90W power supply from Logic Supply, and an LG GH22 DVD writer drive. Also thrown into the mix is an SSD by Corsair, a 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom 330 CPU, Nvidia's MCP7A-ION chipset, and Nvidia GeForce 9400M graphics.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Battlestar-Galactica-PC-Case-Mod,J-3-246927-13.jpg

The inspiration behind this PC mod should be obvious, but the design goes beyond simple fandom. Brian Carter's Battlestar-on-a-box features runway lights for your pretend mini-Vipers, three 2.5" LCD screens, and a wider 10" LCD screen mounted on the side. On the front, you'll find a lit Battlestar Galactica medallion, which also serves as the rig's optical drive. As for the hardware, this sci-fi rig sports an EVGA nForce 590 SLI motherboard, an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU, two EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS graphics cards in SLI, 4 GB of Crucial Ballistix Tracer Red DDR2 at 800 MHz, and more. Moddersmart provided the laser cutting and water-cooling.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Borg-Cube-PC-Mod,J-7-246931-13.jpg

Sorry, as a Star Trek (TNG) fan, this one couldn't be avoided. The Bog Cube mod appeared back in 2004 and can be found here. "I first intended to use a small midi case (A-Open H340B) with a Via EPIA-M 933 MHz chipset and 256MB RAM memory," said Dutch modder Xor'Arch over at CaseJunkies. "After having put it all together, I was not really satisfied with the way it looked. It looked kind of boring to me and that's when I got the idea to build a case myself." Apparently, the assembly stretched across nine months and encompassed around 250 hours total.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Damnation-PC,J-6-246930-13.jpg

Last year, Codemasters signed on Jake Hildebrandt to create a custom-built Damnation PC. Based on the steampunk/western shooter, the rig featured stained wood and valves that actually turned the computer on and off. Inside, Hildebrandt managed to cram a Falcon MW-built system into his custom case, consisting of a X58 chipset motherboard, Intel's Core i7-965 CPU, 12GB of DDR3 RAM, a dual Radeon HD 4870 X2 card, and a 1TB HDD. The PC was eventually given away in a sweepstakes via Destructoid (another site did a PlayStation 3 version).

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Half-Life-Black-Mesa-Experimental-Lambda-Core-PC-Case-Mod,L-K-247016-13.jpg

This rig doesn't need an introduction. However, if you're rather new to the PC gaming scene, this awesome rig has Half-Life 2 written all over it... literally. Built by German modder Butterkneter, this PC first appeared back in 2004 and contains four HDDs, two optical drives (DVD burner and DVD player), Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, a Netzteil 530W power supply, 1GB PC2100, Gigabyte's GA-7VRXP motherboard, and more. On the design front, the rig sports an actual crowbar, a panel with a built-in cigarette lighter, bullet holes, and plenty of knobs and lights to keep your eyes and fingers busy. To see the construction process

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
helghan-pc-case-mod,L-M-247018-13.jpg

This is another gaming-inspired rig, based on Sony's Killzone2 game for the PlayStation 2. Project Helghan comes complete with a Helghast head containing searing, glowing eyes, a rifle, AMD's ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics card, 2GB of RAM, 640GB of storage, Intel's Core 2 Duo E8200, and a MS-Tech LC182 case. The concept was first conceived using Google SketchUp, and then progressed to carving the side columns out of wood. Two 120 mm fans are mounted on the top to pull the hot air out of the case and a smaller one is mounted on the back. The mod's creator, tomcatt, said that the rig was entered in the Benelux Casemodding League contest and won first place. No surprise there.

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Y2K-Bug-PC-Case-Mod,L-N-247019-13.jpg

This work log shows the creation of the Y2K Bug, a rather unusual PC in the form of... well, a bug. Inside this non-flying contraption is a Soltek B8A-F motherboard housing 512 MB of Kingmax PC2700 333 MHz memory, a 3.06 GHz/533 MHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, and an AMD ATI 9800 Pro graphics card. To keep the innards cool, the modder installed a Vantec fan and a ThermoChill 120.1 radiator. Two WD400JB hard drives were installed in a RAID 1 configuration, modified with lights so that each drive serves as a glowing red eye. Unfortunately, the modded drives didn't last long.

"I have a theory why the drives worked at first right after the mod but not later on," the worklog reads. "After some surfing around, I learned that no modern drive with 40 GB platters had been windowed successfully. The high density with the combination of a removed screw from the center of the platters was probably enough to get them un-centered enough to make the head loose its track after a very short usage."

helldanger1

GForum VIP
Entrou
Ago 1, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
Unit-4-PC-Case-Mod,L-O-247020-13.jpg

This S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-themed rig was created in 2007 by a 16-year-old German modder named "FrooP." Modeled after the Chernobyl disaster's notorious reactor building, this rig won second place at the DCMM DEUTSCH Case Mod championship competition back in 2008. In addition to the meticulous attention paid to detail on the exterior, one of the more interesting aspects of this mod is that it flips open to reveal a whole nuclear-charred scene--much like a kid's play-set that comes packed in its own carrying case. Like Project Helgham, this machine was originally conceived using Google's SketchUp and photographs of the original reactor. Pill bottles were used to create miniature barrels of toxic waste, and the modder even made his own circuit boards using a laser printer and an iron. To get the full 14-page workload, check out Unit