• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Erik ten Hag's six punishments for Man Utd players for being humiliated by Liverpool

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Erik ten Hag's six punishments for Man Utd players for being humiliated by Liverpool

0_Liverpool-FC-v-Manchester-United-Premier-League.jpg

Man Utd boss Erik ten Hag has been proactive in making amends after his side were thumped 7-0 at Anfield on the weekend, adding to his players' humiliation through various punishments

Erik ten Hag has dished out six punishments to his Manchester United flops since their 7-0 humiliation at Liverpool.

The Red Devils suffered their heaviest defeat since Boxing Day 1931 at Anfield on Sunday. After going into half-time only a goal down, the Dutchman’s side capitulated in the second as Liverpool began a never-ending onslaught.

It sparked an inquest by fans on social media and former legends-turned-pundits such as Roy Keane, who called out United's senior players for their lack of leadership. But manager Ten Hag, being the disciplinarian he is, has already whipped his players into line with a handful of punishments.

Press conference

How would you have punished the Man Utd players? Let us know in the comments section.

Ten Hag did not hold back in his post-match press conference, slamming his players for not “fulfilling their jobs” or “sticking together”.

The head coach said: "It was a real surprise to me after halftime so quickly gave the game away. First two goals were two defensive transition moments, the first was a turnover, the second was a counter. Bad decisions. Decisions on the ball, that was on the first one, obviously.

"But how we anticipate, how we concede the goal is really annoying and then the third was a counter, also so unprofessional about decisions: following in, running in, moving forward, giving the space away in the back end of midfield, not tracking back; especially that one, not tracking back.

ZWILLINGSpare 15% mit dem Code: FRESH15 auf ZWILLING FRESH & SAVE

"Then it's 3-0, the game is gone, as a team, you have to stick together and that is what we didn't do. It was a surprise for me, I haven't seen this from my team I don't think it's us, I don't think it's Manchester United. It's really bad and poor."

Sitting in silence

According to The Mirror, Ten Hag humiliated his players further by making them sit in silence while listening to Liverpool’s ongoing celebrations in the dressing room next door.

The 53-year-old allegedly told his players to use it as motivation to ensure they never collapse as they did in the second half again.
The ‘hairdryer’

The Sun claimed Ten Hag evoked the spirit of Sir Alex Ferguson by giving his players the “full hairdryer treatment”. The manager was said to have been the angriest he has ever been.

In a rant that lasted several minutes, he stressed how the players must learn from the errors made during the battering at the hands of their rivals.

Ten Hag took things up a notch further by threatening to send first team players to the reserves if they repeated their basic mistakes.

A source told The Mirror: "Ten Hag was obviously furious and told them they were lucky to be getting on the team bus back to Old Trafford and not made to travel back with the fans.

“He warned them all that if anything like that happens again, there won’t be another chance for them and they’ll be put in the Under-21s.”

According to The Mail, the ex-Ajax man went for the earliest ‘I’m so disappointed in you’ tactic in the manager’s handbook - by making his squad turn up bright and early at Carrington the next day.

In a bid to make things right, United stars were ready to train at 9am on Monday, where they were told the performance shouldn’t define their season if they are “hungry” enough to put things right.

Ten Hag was also reported to have shown the Red Devils players selected clips in a bid to make them “angrier”, as reported in the aforementioned Mail article.

He did not, however, show them the full match, believing they would benefit from extra sessions with Dutch sports psychologist Rainier Koers instead.

Daily Star Sunday