'I was captured by the Taliban but nothing will be as bad as living in Birmingham'

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
'I was captured by the Taliban but nothing will be as bad as living in Birmingham'

2_F8Ice1nX0AAVTIfjpeg.jpg

Brum native 'Lord' Miles Routledge, 23, was captured by the Taliban and released only recently, but he said he'd rather be in the hands of the terror group than live in Birmingham

A barmy Brit who travels to dangerous locations for fun and was even captured by the Taliban has said it was still better than living in Birmingham.

Danger tourist and Birmingham native 'Lord' Miles Routledge, 23, is a self-titled adventurer and journalist and made his name when he had to be evacuated from Kabul when the Taliban overthrew the legitimate Afghan government in 2021. He has been back in the country several times since, and is fresh from a stint in Taliban custody.

Miles, who claims to be friends with members of the terror cell, said life in confinement in the Middle East under a fundamentalist de facto government is anything but a slog.

In a recent X exchange Miles, who has shown strong right-wing sentiment online and hangs out with Andrew Tate while appearing on the latter's podcast, shared details of his life back in the UK's second city before he began globe trotting. Alongside a photo of him mopping a Three store in England, he opened up on his background, even claiming he was once homeless.

He said: "Because I'm always traveling, everyone thinks I come from money. No. I was homeless at 17/18, I lived in welfare as a kid, I held down a job from 14-21 to pay for food.

"I worked full time whilst studying at uni. My business is profitable."

He said he worked at a hairdressing salon when he was a young teen, and paid for all his own food. Miles also revealed he hasn't been in contact with his family since he was 18.

Miles once did a video for his YouTube channel where he recreated being homeless in New York. One commenter on X, formerly Twitter, asked him how this compared to being genuinely homeless in Birmingham.

He replied: "Being homeless in Birmingham was the lowest part of my life, the US being homeless was alright because I knew it wasn't real. Couldn't recreate what I felt in Birmingham."

Miles, who often berates his home city, later added: "I died when I was born in Birmingham

Despite claiming he doesn't speak to his family, his devastated mother spoke to the press and insinuated that they had a relationship, after her son was captured by the Taliban.

His mum Susan Routledge said that Miles' love of travelling saw him return to Afghanistan after he was branded an "idiot" for requiring evacuation when the country fell back into the hands of the Taliban.

"He keeps travelling because he loves it, he's only young and he's just finding himself after finishing university. I just want him to keep safe," she added.

Daily Star Sunday