Notícias Mum says infamous sports day fail changed her life – men still ask her one question

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Mum says infamous sports day fail changed her life – men still ask her one question

2_Katie-HannafordBANNER.jpg

Katie Hannaford, 38, enjoyed a brief spell of fame after a clip of her tripping and mooning crowds during a parents sports day race went viral in June 2022.

A mum who went viral two years ago for flashing her bum during a sports day race is still inundated with messages from admirers.

Katie Hannaford, 38, says nothing has been the same since she faceplanted on camera at her child's school. But it wasn't her head hitting the deck that made the embarrassing clip spread like wildfire.

Instead it was Katie's pretty ill-thought out running gear of a summery dress which flew up over her back, exposing pants and all as she toppled over, leaving teachers, kids and fellow parents in hysterics.

Even now, two years later, the mum-of-two still gets "20 messages a day" from admirers.

After the ordeal she swore she would never run another parents race – which daughters Tegan, 17, and Beau, 10, are grateful for.

But two years on, she said people haven't forgotten about it – and she still gets around "at least 20 messages" every day from people off the back of the video.

She also gets recognised whenever she's out and about – and asked if she is "the mum that fell over at sports day" and was even once recognised while on holiday in Turkey.

Katie, a home decor business owner, from Basildon, Essex, said: "It's unreal how many messages I get – from all over the world. Men from Brazil seem to love me, as well as Cape Verde, America and Canada.

"They do seem to all be genuine real people as well – sometimes asking if it's me in that video, sometimes calling me beautiful. I still get a lot of people asking if I have OnlyFans as well – absolutely not!

"I get recognised in person too - I was once recognised while on holiday in Turkey. The girls found it funny and still talk about the video all the time - but they agreed they would never let me do another race after last time."

She said the messages are largely from admirers all over the world – complimenting her bum and asking her on dates. The single mum-of-two never accepts the offers, but says she finds it entertaining that people still remember her.

Despite a video of her bum being seen by millions around the world, Katie said she was never embarrassed - and has no regrets.
In fact it's had a "real positive impact" on her to this day.

Katie said: "I didn't used to do the races with my youngest because I really struggled with my confidence. But I did it this one year and the video went viral – it actually gave me a massive confidence boost.

"It made me realise – it doesn't matter if people laugh, if you make a fool of yourself, so what? You're making memories. I still laugh at the video whenever it comes up on my memories and my daughters still talk about it all the time.

"It reaffirmed my confidence – since that video it's taught me it's ok to let my hair down without caring what people think."

Daily Star Sunday