One of world's fattest men dies after being stuck on sofa for 5 years due to 44st weight

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
One of world's fattest men dies after being stuck on sofa for 5 years due to 44st weight

1_PAY-Newsflash-ExtraWeightMan-04.jpg

The body of 620-lb man Leonid Andreev, 60, who weighed more than the average weight of three baby elephants, was discovered in his remote village home in Russia

One of the world's heaviest men, weighing a whopping 44 stone, has died, despite attempts to lose weight.

Leonid Andreev, who tipped the scales at more than the weight of three average baby elephants, was found dead from a heart attack in his remote Russian home. Just a day before his death earlier this week, Andreev had shared with local media his plans for a new life, which included losing weight and moving to a city flat.

He said: "I tried to lose at least a little weight - I ate less and did not indulge in flour products." Andreev revealed that he had started a new diet, consisting of just a cup of light soup for lunch.

Interestingly, he told reporters that he used to be an athlete, weighing only 155lbs. A decade ago, he was a hunter, ran his own farm, and even participated in crop harvesting. His weight issues began when he left the army, and within three months, his weight nearly doubled to 235lbs and kept increasing.

Doctors reportedly told Andreev that his weight gain was due to a metabolic disorder. However, five years ago, his weight had increased so much that he had to quit work and began living a secluded life on his sofa.

In a continuing health crisis, his blood pressure skyrocketed so high that he called for an ambulance. But after controlling his symptoms, paramedics refused further aid because of Andreev's weight.

Andreev confessed that for five years, he spent his days and nights on the sofa, glued to the television while kind neighbours helped with house chores.

He shared: "In the morning, I get up, cook food, eat a little, watch TV. Tried to move here, move there. I used to have porridge – the heaviest, well, and buns, potatoes, bread. That's how I got fat, probably."

Despite being married and divorced twice with no children, Andreev ignored doctors' warnings to shed at least 110lbs to regain a normal life until it was too late.

Daily Star Sunday