• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Piers Morgan text Cristiano Ronaldo over joining Arsenal as Man Utd "don't respect him"

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Piers Morgan text Cristiano Ronaldo over joining Arsenal as Man Utd "don't respect him"

2_image1-21jpeg.jpg

Arsenal fan Piers Morgan has told Manchester United legend Cristiano Ronaldo to ditch Old Trafford for the Emirates this summer as he believes he would be respected more by his teammates

Piers Morgan has been in touch with Cristiano Ronaldo to urge him to ditch Manchester United and join Arsenal, where he would be respected more.

Gunners fan Morgan feels Red Devils legend Ronaldo would be better suited to the Emirates than Old Trafford following a nightmare season. Since signing a two-year contract upon his return last summer, the 37-year-old and his teammates have been dumped out of every cup competition and look likely to miss out on Champions League qualification.

Speaking to talkSPORT, Morgan said: "Do you know what I'd do if I was Arsenal manager? I'd go in, and I'd get Cristiano Ronaldo and put him up front. I've had this conversation with him last week. I said 'come to Arsenal'.

"United have on paper far more experienced, talented players but they don't have the right attitude. The mental attitude is shot. If they didn't have Ronaldo in the team they wouldn't be winning, whereas Arsenal have got young, promising, really hungry guys who have a great attitude. [Bukayo] Saka, [Emile] Smith Rowe, [Kieran] Tierney, all these guys.

"That's what's encouraging. If you combined the United talent with our mentality, both clubs would be sorted. I'd love, I'm not even joking, to bring Cristiano Ronaldo to Arsenal. If he's not going to stay at United, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

"I watched that game at the weekend and he was the best player on the pitch. As a striker, when you watch Ronaldo's movement and his goalscoring record, even at 37, I'd put Ronaldo at the front and let these kids learn from him.

"I don't feel like there's that respect for Ronaldo from those younger United players. I think that the egos are writing cheques that the lack of trophies doesn't cash, and my message to all those young United stars is that you're talented, but your egos are out of control and you should be begging Ronaldo for advice.

"If you had even a tenth of his work ethic, his ability, his success and his trophies, all around the world then you'd be much better than you are now, but there's an arrogance there about those players which we don't have at Arsenal."

Arsenal are in need of serious attacking reinforcements this summer. Having already let go of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, fellow strikers Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah are set to walk away as free agents.

United, meanwhile, will only have Ronaldo left in their forward ranks once Edinson Cavani departs at the end of his contract.

Daily Star Sunday