• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Wedding almost ruined over England Euro 2024 clash saved by Snickers

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Wedding almost ruined over England Euro 2024 clash saved by Snickers

1_Snickers-x-Own-Goal-shoot-London-20th-June-2024.jpg

Snickers were able to save one lucky couple's wedding after it emerged their special day was set to clash with England's Euro 2024 fixture against Denmark

Snickers stepped in to save a couples wedding after they realised it clashed with England's fixture with Denmark at Euro 2024.

Footy-mad couple Nicoleta and Thomas Barr, from Fareham, have the chocolate company to thank after they tied the knot on Thursday (June 20). Snickers launched a competition to win a football screening room for weddings taking place on a key England game date this summer.

And after realising the date's clashed, Nicoleta and Thomas entered the competition. "We couldn't believe it when we saw the England dates announced and saw the clash, we really started to worry. We knew we had to enter," Thomas explained.

"Not only did we get to share our special day with our loved ones, but we also got to celebrate England's match together!”

Alongside the match screening, Snickers also provided a cake for the newly-weds, while there also a personalised video message from Bukayo Saka.

It was Nicoleta who entered the competition on behalf of her husband: "When I saw the competition live, I just knew I had to apply for my husband, he’s a massive football fan and I knew he’d hate to miss a match.

"When we got the call to say we’d won, we couldn’t believe it! The video message from Bukayo Saka was the icing on the cake."

Kerry Cavanaugh, business unit director at Mars Wrigley, said: "We are so pleased for the winning couple and are delighted to have helped turn their own goal into a memorable day.

"Their story is a testament to the spirit of the Snickers Own Goal Wedding Competition and we're looking forward to creating more such joyful experiences."

England and Denmark's clash didn't turn out to be the spectacle that the couple might have hoped. Sadly, Gareth Southgate's side put in a drab performance in a 1-1 draw.

Daily Star Sunday