Notícias World's hottest scientist on why she's gone quiet – she'll be back 'herping' soon

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
World's hottest scientist on why she's gone quiet – she'll be back 'herping' soon

0_scientist.jpg

Taking to her Instagram story for the first time in a while, Rosie Moore shared a picture of herself submerged in a lake holding a tiny red and black-patterned snake

The woman who the Daily Star crowned the 'world's hottest scientist' has been AWOL recently – no Instagram posts or stories – and she's now revealed why.

If you're a Star reader you'll know Rosie Moore, the biologist beauty based in Florida who shares her wild and wonderful life as a scientist with her 206,000 Insta followers.

Dubbing herself an ecologist in apex predator research, a master free diver and scuba diver, and the director of the Snake Conservation & Bite Awareness Foundation – Moore has one hell of a CV, with her stunning looks the cherry on the cake.

Having recently shared that she came down with dengue fever after being "savaged by 1,000 bites", fans may have thought her absence from social media was due to her health. However, Moore has let her followers know that she's in tip-top condition – and will be back soon.

Taking to her Instagram story for the first time in a while, Moore shared a picture of herself submerged in a lake holding a tiny red and black-patterned snake with the caption: "Away on an Expedition... [eyes emoji] Back to herping soon".

If anyone's wondering, "herping" is the act of searching for and observing reptiles and amphibians in the wild – what the real-life Lara Croft, Rosie Moore, does best.

Meanwhile, Moore previously shared her thoughts on repeatedly being dubbed "the world’s hottest scientist" after the Star gave her the title.

Taking to Instagram, Moore spoke to the camera and initially complained about the "insane" number of articles that have been published about her over the last two years.

"The first year this was going on I didn’t really share any of these ‘World’s Hottest Scientist’ articles," she said. "I didn’t want people to have that perception of me, especially as I had a lot of serious researchers following me. People also feel OK to comment on my appearance.

"I thought it’d ruin my career, when the first ‘world’s hottest’ headline came out I cried because I thought they were interviewing me on something serious."

However, the influencer went on to speak about the positives her new-found exposure has brought. "But I’ve had a lot of girls writing to me and saying 'I want to be like you' and many tabloids calling me a real-life Lara Croft," she said.

“I’ve learned to lean into it – when is a scientist ever called hot? You’re probably thinking Velma from Scooby Doo, or just nerdy, unattractive women. So what’s the harm in making science appealing to young girls?

"Let’s make science hot. It’s also given me this platform to advocate for animals that people don’t like, like sharks." Read the full story here.

Daily Star Sunday