• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Arne Slot could become next Liverpool manager with club having scoured Europe

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Arne Slot could become next Liverpool manager with club having scoured Europe

1_BANNER-STAR-BANNER-AND-PICS-Arne-Slot-could-become-next-Liverpool-manager-with-club-having-scou.jpg

Liverpool are continuing their search for Jurgen Klopp's successor and Feyenoord boss Arne Slot is now high up on their list of candidates to take over from this summer at Anfield

Feyenoord boss Arne Slot has emerged as a top contender to replace Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

The Reds are on the hunt for Klopp's successor and Slot is high on their list of potential candidates. However, the 45-year-old Dutchman is also on Bayern Munich's radar, alongside Ralf Rangnick and Roberto de Zerbi, as they seek to find a replacement for Thomas Tuchel.

Liverpool have yet to make a final decision on their next manager, but Slot is a serious contender as they search across Europe for Klopp's replacement. Previously linked with Bayer Leverkusen's Xabi Alonso, the Reds were sceptical he would leave the newly crowned Bundesliga champions, and last month he confirmed his commitment to stay in Germany.

Ruben Amorim, Sporting's boss and another name strongly associated with Liverpool, has held talks with West Ham but is not currently interested in a move to the London Stadium. There has been no progress or approach from Liverpool for the Sporting manager.

Brighton's De Zerbi is another name on Liverpool's list, but Slot is now firmly in contention, reports the Mirror. Slot led Feyenoord to the Eredivisie title last season and clinched the Dutch Cup this term by defeating NEC on Sunday.

They are currently trailing leaders PSV by nine points in this season's title race with just four games remaining, meaning they will likely surrender their Eredivisie crown. Feyenoord also bowed out of the Champions League group stage and got knocked out by Roma in the Europa League.

Last summer, Arne Slot was hot on Tottenham's radar before he decided to stick with the Dutch scene, leaving Spurs to snap up Ange Postecoglou. Now, Dutch footie icon Marco van Basten has thrown his weight behind Slot, tipping him for greatness beyond the Netherlands.

Van Basten has been singing Slot's praises, saying: "I think Slot is really good. I hope he stays in the Netherlands longer because it is an enrichment for Dutch football. He can really go anywhere: Bayern Munich, Liverpool... I'm really convinced of that."

The Dutch maestro continued to wax lyrical about Slot, adding: "I hope he stays in the Netherlands, but I am convinced he can do it anywhere. I've spoken to him a few times, and he handles the players very well. Of course, he is also very well-versed tactically. I can explain his ideas well; he is calm and intelligent. As far as I am concerned, he is a top trainer. I really think he can go to any club, even difficult clubs. He is very smart in his choice of words."

Daily Star Sunday