• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.
Portal Chamar Táxi

Notícias George Baldock's emotional goodbye video to fans shared after star dies aged 31

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
George Baldock's emotional goodbye video to fans shared after star dies aged 31

0_Sheffield-United-v-West-Bromwich-Albion-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg

Former Sheffield United defender George Baldock's heartbreaking goodbye message to fans has resurfaced following his tragic death after the 31-year-old was found in a swimming pool at his Greek villa

George Baldock's heartbreaking goodbye message to Sheffield United fans has re-emerged online after the defender's tragic death on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old was found dead in his swimming pool in Greece having moved to Super League side Panathinaikos on a free transfer this summer. Police are still investigating the exact cause of death and there have been several tributes to the defender from clubs and players across the English game.

Baldock spent seven years at Bramall Lane and helped Sheffield United gain promotion to the Premier League on two occasions. He's a Blades hero and his sudden passing has seen a heartfelt clip of him saying goodbye to fans resurface, with supporters sharing and commenting on the clip.

The full-back represented Greece at international level so his move to Panathinaikos wasn't a huge shock, but that didn't stop him from thanking supporters with a post on X saying: "You've been absolutely amazing. Your support has been so much more than I ever expected. Like I said, you're the best around.

"Keep supporting the team and the staff and hopefully the club can get back to where we all want it to be. I leave here as a massive fan of the club. Good luck and thank you."

One fan wrote: "Loved by all Blades fans and a legend of the club. Heartbroken for your family and the best RB I've seen at the lane RIP George. We all love you." Another posted: "You were a brilliant representative for the club, George. Always tried your hardest and your passion shone through. I’m sorry to your family and close friends. You made an impact and will be remembered."

Following the news of his death the Blades were quick to pay tribute online which read: "Sheffield United Football Club is shocked and extremely saddened to learn of the passing of former player George Baldock.

"The defender left the club in the summer after seven years at Bramall Lane and was extremely popular with supporters, staff and teammates who pulled on a red and white shirt alongside him.

"The sincere condolences of everyone associated with Sheffield United are extended to George’s family and friends."

Club owner Prince Abdullah also said: "Devastating news, speechless — my condolences to his family and to all of us who loved him.”

Daily Star Sunday