• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

National Geographic Foto of the Day

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains

cades-cove-smoky-mountains_65565_990x742.jpg

April 23, 2013

[h=2]Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountains
[/h] Photograph by Christopher Ewing, My Shot
This Month in Photo of the Day: Nature and Weather Photos
This was taken in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains in Cades Cove on Sparks Lane in October 2012. I went to the cove in hopes of a lot of fog, a little disappointed there wasn't that much. But walking down the lane as the sun came up, the light all photographers dream about showed itself.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Wolf, Denali National Park

wolf-trees-denali_65571_990x742.jpg

April 24, 2013

[h=2]Wolf, Denali National Park
[/h] Photograph by Brian Montalbo, Your Shot
I photographed this wolf hunting snowshoe hares in Denali National Park. He stopped only for a second and I captured two shots. This is one of them.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Mesa Arch, Canyonlands

mesa-arch-canyonlands_65569_990x742.jpg

April 25, 2013

[h=2]Mesa Arch, Canyonlands
[/h] Photograph by Chris Carvalho, My Shot
Mesa Arch in Utah's Canyonlands National Park is one of the finest places for a photographer to start the day. This 4x5 negative was exposed with an old lens, a 121mm Schneider Super Angulon. It was a favorite of Ansel Adams. While an excellent optic for its time, it only had single-layer coating and was subject to more flare than modern lenses. In this instance, it created a starburst pattern with rainbow streaks that add greatly to the character of the image.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Farmhouse, Delaware

farmhouse-snow-melford_65567_990x742.jpg

April 28, 2013

[h=2]Farmhouse, Delaware
[/h] Photograph by Michael Melford, National Geographic
Painter Andrew Wyeth kept a secret studio a few miles from this Woodlawn farmhouse, creating works of art inspired by the surrounding landscape until his death in 2009. Some of his paintings evoke similar wintry scenes.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Waterfall, Iceland

godafoss-aurora-iceland_65568_990x742.jpg

April 30, 2013

[h=2]Waterfall, Iceland
[/h] Photograph by Hordur Finnbogason, My Shot
This is an image I have had on my mind to get for three years. To align the waterfall and northern lights that are strong enough to light up the whole surroundings. At last it happened and I was at the right place at the right time. Godafoss means Waterfall of the Gods and takes its name from the old Nordic sagas.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Surfer, Australia

surfer-underwater-australia_66709_990x742.jpg

May 1, 2013

[h=2]Surfer, Australia
[/h] Photograph by Alex Coppel, My Shot
This Month in Photo of the Day: The Stories Behind Your Shots
During my summer holidays I spend a few weeks at a beach house on the South Coast of New South Wales in Australia. I am a professional photographer but have a real love affair with underwater imagery, so I look forward to this time of year. Instead of shooting the surfers above the water on the waves I would allow them to fly past me underwater, just to see them passing through the wave as it breaks. Sometimes they come a little too close … —Alex Coppel

jcl

GF Prata
Membro Inactivo
Entrou
Ago 14, 2007
Gostos Recebidos
fantástico.:espi28:

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Canal, Venice

canal-morning-venice_66696_990x742.jpg

May 2, 2013

[h=2]Canal, Venice
[/h] Photograph by Wilmot David, My Shot
The bridges and canals of Venice at first light. The alleyways and canals can be a photographer's dream. As morning light arrived before the hustle and bustle of the crowds, I captured the colors and reflections of this enchanting city near Campo Santa Maria Formosa. —Wilmot David

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Tokai Forest, South Africa

forest-south-africa_66698_990x742.jpg

May 3, 2013

[h=2]Tokai Forest, South Africa
[/h] Photograph by Penny R. Robartes, Your Shot
I woke up early to go take some photos of a haunted mansion in Tokai in Cape Town. I got lost down a dirt road of sorts and noticed how gorgeous the heavy mist looked as it hung low over Tokai forest. I went into the forest and was taking photographs when I saw a crow in the tree about to take off, so I aimed my camera to where I thought the crow would fly and captured it when it came into my frame. —Penny R. Robartes

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Sunset, South Africa

sunset-south-africa_66706_990x742.jpg

May 5, 2013

[h=2]Sunset, South Africa
[/h] Photograph by Giampiero Torello, Your Shot
In the southern summer of 2012, I spent some weeks for work in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, together with my wife, and we used to take long walks on the beaches around the city in our spare time. One evening we came to a beach called Maitland, a large stretch of sand dunes.
I took a few photographs of the beach while a light wind was moving the sand and the sky was getting cloudy. Gradually the sea and the sky became first gray and then brown before the sun went down. It lasted just a few minutes, but luckily I had not yet finished the battery of my smartphone! I did nothing to this photograph; I was surprised myself but the sunset really looked like this. —Giampiero Torello

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Shelf Cloud, Saskatchewan

tornado-storm-saskatchewan_66707_990x742.jpg

May 9, 2013

[h=2]Shelf Cloud, Saskatchewan
[/h] Photograph by Gunjan Sinha, My Shot
The day began as any other storm-chasing day in the Canadian Prairies. My girlfriend and I followed this particular storm from its birth and observed as it formed this gorgeous shelf structure eight hours later, at the end of the day. The photo was taken just southeast of Fillmore, Saskatchewan, along Highway 33. I used my Pentax K200D camera with f/5.6, 1/200-second exposure and a basic 55mm lens to capture this unforgettable moment. —Gunjan Sinha

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Vintage Shop, Queensland

vintage-shop-australia_66708_990x742.jpg

May 10, 2013

[h=2]Vintage Shop, Queensland
[/h] Photograph by Ana Paula Estrada, Your Shot
Mrs. May Haupt, February 2012, Montville, Queensland, Australia
One day I entered a little vintage store in Montville, Australia, and I stumbled upon an 86-year-old woman working behind her desk. During the following days I could not stop thinking of that image, so a week later I returned and asked her if I could take her picture exactly as I found her. Not only did she allow me to photograph her, but she also shared with me her beautiful life story. Her portrait is part of a photographic series called "Of Another Time," a project based on photographs and stories of people over 70. —Ana Paula Estrada

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Kalaripayattu Fighters, India

martial-arts-india_66701_990x742.jpg

May 13, 2013

[h=2]Kalaripayattu Fighters, India
[/h] Photograph by Armand Poblete, My Shot
I found out that there was an evening show on the ancient art of Kalaripayattu at Punarjani Traditional Village, less than a few blocks from my hotel in Munnar, India. Being an avid fan of martial arts, it immediately piqued my interest. I had just gotten a steal of a deal on a National Geographic camera strap on eBay, and while I was in line, the ticket master noticed it and dragged me to the front of the line. So I paid and followed him to the VIP seating, perfect for getting the shot!
First I observed the light and the action of the fighters. The dimly lit arena just gave it that feel of an '80s kung fu poster, and I wanted to keep it that way. After a few camera adjustments and a few hundred missed shots I finally captured the two fighters in midair. —Armand Poblete

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Patagonia, Chile

storm-clouds-chile_66705_990x742.jpg

May 15, 2013

[h=2]Patagonia, Chile
[/h] Photograph by Feliciano Ripa, My Shot
I took this photo in Villa O'Higgins, a remote town in southern Chile, during my bicycle trip through Patagonia. I arrived at this place after I had been riding my bicycle for two weeks. At the end of an exhausting day I went for a stroll and came across a lookout. As a storm was developing, I saw a beam of light breaking through the clouds. It only lasted for a few seconds, but it was a peaceful and magical moment. —Feliciano Ripa

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Mount Errigal, Ireland

mount-errigal-ireland_67092_990x742.jpg

May 16, 2013

[h=2]Mount Errigal, Ireland
[/h] Photograph by Derek Smyth, Your Shot
While en route to another photo assignment I was drawn to this perfect reflection of Mount Errigal in the clear still water of Dunlewey Lough. I quickly set up my tripod and worked on getting this composition using the small bushes to break up the foreground. Mount Errigal is in County Donegal, Ireland. —Derek Smyth

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Apples, Baku

apples-volga-baku_67082_990x742.jpg

May 21, 2013

[h=2]Apples, Baku
[/h] Photograph by Erik Andre Juriks, Your Shot
The snow made me treat myself to some side streets while looking for photo opportunities on my way to work, this bitterly cold morning in Baku. The rapidly changing capital of Azerbaijan always has something in store. Just outside the centuries-old Taza Bazaar, I came across the unlikely sight of an old Soviet-era Volga brimming with golden winter apples. The strange beauty of the scene brought back childhood memories of apples carefully picked and stored in the basement of our home in Norway, and the apples turning sweeter as the months of winter went by. —Erik Andre Juriks

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Llamas, Peru

llamas-mountains-peru_67090_990x742.jpg

May 23, 2013

[h=2]Llamas, Peru
[/h] Photograph by Antoine Bruneau, Your Shot
After a couple of days trekking across the Peruvian Andes, our group had an unusual encounter at 4,600 meters, on top of the narrow, windy, and freezing Huacahuasi Pass. While we had not run into a single soul for days, we had to give way to a flock of llamas and their herder, basically coming out of nowhere: a real culture shock between us Occidental folks in search of adventure and the local Quechua mountain people going about their daily business. —Antoine Bruneau

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Giant Anteater, Brazil

giant-anteater-brazil_67089_990x742.jpg

May 24, 2013

[h=2]Giant Anteater, Brazil
[/h] Photograph by Gerardo Ceballos, Your Shot
I took this shot of a giant anteater in the Fazenda Barranco Alto, a 30,000-acre cattle ranch and wildlife preserve in the Pantanal of the Brazilian state of Mato Grosso do Sul. I had been looking for animals all day long, driving and walking through grasslands and forest patches that surround the endless lakes dotting the landscape of this region. During the day I had seen other giant anteaters, a giant otter, white-lipped peccaries, and many other interesting mammals. As the sun was setting, I saw a dark shadow on the shore of one of the lakes. I took my camera and walked slowly toward that moving shadow. With great surprise I found out that it was a giant anteater. I took the photo with a flash against the fading daylight. It was a memorable moment that was caught in my photo. —Gerardo Ceballos

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Aurora Borealis, Sweden

aurora-borealis-sweden_67083_990x742.jpg

May 27, 2013

[h=2]Aurora Borealis, Sweden
[/h] Photograph by Natalia Robba, Your Shot
We were lucky enough to witness some very early auroras over the Abisko Mountain Lodge on March 1, 2013. The skies were clear, with only wispy clouds interfering come nighttime.
Abisko National Park in northern Sweden is rated as one of the best places in the world to try and see this natural light phenomenon, being located perfectly beneath the central parts of the auroral oval. During my last day there, a coronal stream collided with our magnetic field and produced very early and intense aurorae as soon as darkness set. —Natalia Robba