• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

National Geographic Foto of the Day

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Beach, Rio de Janeiro

beach-rio-de-janeiro-harvey_69843_990x742.jpg

August 6, 2013

[h=2]Beach, Rio de Janeiro
[/h] Photograph by David Alan Harvey, National Geographic
This Month in Photo of the Day: City Pictures
In Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, many people come straight to the seashore at the end of the workday. Despite the city’s deep social divisions, the beach is democratic. Rich and poor share the sand all day and into the evening.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Limassol, Cyprus

market-street-cyprus-williams_69849_990x742.jpg

August 9, 2013

[h=2]Limassol, Cyprus
[/h] Photograph by Maynard Owen Williams, National Geographic
Arches frame a street in Limassol, Cyprus—also called Lemesos—in this photo from the 1920s. An ancient port city that's home to numerous archaeological sites, Limassol today is the Mediterranean island's wine capital and a popular beach destination.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Canal, Venice

canal-venice-hildenbrand_69844_990x742.jpg

August 15, 2013

[h=2]Canal, Venice
[/h] Photograph by Hans Hildenbrand, National Geographic
A Venice canal reflects the summer sky in this Autochrome picture from 1927. Photographer Hans Hildenbrand became famous for the color pictures he made around Europe during World War I.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Baia Mare, Romania

baia-mare-romania_70214_990x742.jpg

August 16, 2013

[h=2]Baia Mare, Romania
[/h] Photograph by Cristi Niculescu, National Geographic Your Shot
The city of Baia Mare in northwestern Romania is known for its mining history and well-preserved medieval remnants. Here, a quiet street is captured by National Geographic Your Shot contributor Cristi Niculescu.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Snowball Vendor, New Orleans

new-orleans-wisherd_70223_990x742.jpg

August 17, 2013

[h=2]Snowball Vendor, New Orleans
[/h] Photograph by Edwin L. Wisherd, National Geographic
Children gather around a French Quarter snowball wagon in this Autochrome image originally published in the April 1930 issue of National Geographic. "These are the only 'snowballs' the children of New Orleans have ever seen," says the picture's caption, "as snow has not fallen there in fifty years."

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Fashion Show, Paris

paris-fashion-allard_70224_990x742.jpg

August 18, 2013

[h=2]Fashion Show, Paris
[/h] Photograph by William Albert Allard, National Geographic
Models wait backstage at Emanuel Ungaro's ready-to-wear show in this picture from a June 1989 National Geographic story on the business of fashion in Paris.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

causeway-bay-hong-kong_70216_990x742.jpg

August 19, 2013

[h=2]Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
[/h] Photograph by Brian Yen, National Geographic Your Shot
Crowds pass through Hong Kong's Causeway Bay in this picture submitted to our Your Shot photo community. "So many people, marching across the street, back-to-back," says contributor Brian Yen. "It all starts to blur together."

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Sheep Encounter, China

sheep-flock-tibet_70953_990x742.jpg

September 16, 2013

[h=2]Sheep Encounter, China
[/h] Photograph by Steven Chou, Your Shot
This Month in Photo of the Day: The Stories Behind Your Shots
Steven Chou was on his way back to Lhasa from Kashgar in remote western China—"a long, tough way"—when he encountered "a big gold-pit truck preparing to go back to Lhasa too." Chou, a member of National Geographic's Your Shot photo community, got a lift from the truck's Tibetan driver. He describes this shot as one glimpse from his seven-day journey on board.
"I could feel the earth shaking" as the sheep ran, he says. "At that moment I was completely shocked … They just ran across our [path] without any fear, and at that time my mind was empty but for the word 'free.'"

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Canvasback Ducks, Maryland

canvasback-ducks-maryland_71644_990x742.jpg

September 27, 2013
Canvasback Ducks, Maryland

Photograph by Paul Bramble, Your Shot
This Month in Photo of the Day: The Stories Behind Your Shots
A private tidal pond in Maryland's Chesapeake Bay hosts thousands of overwintering canvasback ducks, seen here gathered at dawn. "Canvasback ducks are my favorite bird to pursue, both with my camera and as a waterfowl hunter," says Paul Bramble, a member of National Geographic's Your Shot community. "Witnessing so many at one spot is incredible."
For this shot, Bramble employed a remote to allow the birds to move close enough to give a packed appearance. "As it was early morning, I set the camera to aperture priority to account for the changing light," he says. "Luck provided the shutter speed of 1/15th and the painterly blur of birds in the foreground."

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
sunset-soccer-brazil-silhouette_84062_990x742.jpg

October 10, 2014

Golden Goal

Photograph by Florian Goppold, National Geographic Your Shot
“I was sitting in a small bar watching the kids playing soccer in the sunset,” writes Your Shot member Florian Goppold, whose trip through Brazil took him for a few days to Salvador da Bahia. “It was one of these great moments on the Praia do Farol da Barra. I was fascinated—the waves were high and the sea was roaring. The setting sun produced amazing colors.” Goppold waited for the right moment to capture the silhouettes of the soccer players with the lighthouse in the background. “It was my golden goal,” he writes.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
sahara-rocks-algeria_84059_990x742.jpg

October 11, 2014

Rock Art

Photograph by Alexey Kharitnov
The shadows of rocks both tumbled and towering dip into valleys on the floor of the Sahara. Here on a plateau in the Tassili n'Ajjer region of Algeria, the desert and its rock forests shelter prehistoric remnants dating to 10,000 B.C. Ceramic materials, paintings, and 15,000 engravings—among other artifacts—have been identified since the first discoveries at Tassili in 1933.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
The Blue Universe

flowering-tree-hitachi_84731_990x742.jpg

October 25, 2014

The Blue Universe

Photograph by Hiroki Kondu
About 4.5 million Nemophila menziesii—a California wildflower commonly known as baby blue eyes—carpet the hills at Hitachi Seaside Park in Japan. According to photographer Hiroki Kondu, who calls this landscape “the blue universe,” the flowers peak from the end of April to the first week of May.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Leap of Faith

mara-river-wildebeest_84737_990x742.jpg

October 29, 2014

[h=2]Leap of Faith[/h] Photograph by Nicole Cambré
A migrating wildebeest leaps into the low waters of the Mara River in Tanzania. Wildebeests begin their annual migration at the edge of the Serengeti Plains. On their enormous loop following seasonal rains, the more than 1.5 million animals encounter deadly crossings like this one at the Mara, infamous home of the giant Nile crocodile.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Turtle Power

green-turtle-tenerife_84734_990x742.jpg

October 31, 2014

Turtle Power

Photograph by Montse Grillo
“On the coast of Tenerife in the Canary Islands, we have quite the selection of affectionate green turtles,” writes photographer Montse Grillo. “This turtle was coming [down] from the surface. The sun behind it and the sun rays surrounding it gave it a special majesty.”

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
River Lady

cypress-ace-basin-musi_85288_990x742.jpg

November 6, 2014

[h=2]River Lady
[/h] Photograph by Vincent J. Musi
South Carolina’s ACE Basin harbors a wealth of wildlife and history. Here, a moss-hung cypress keeps watch over the placid waters of the Lowcountry basin, named for three rivers that run through it: the Ashepoo, Combahee, and Edisto.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Blacktip Grouper

blacktip-grouper-starbuck-island-skerry_85287_990x742.jpg

November 8, 2014

Blacktip Grouper

Photograph by Brian Skerry
Blacktip grouper at Starbuck Island in the southern Line Islands are among the predators that dominate fish communities on healthy reefs. Long-lived and slow-growing, groupers are among the first casualties of overfishing.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Tasty

brown-bear-eating-alaska_85703_990x742.jpg

November 13, 2014

[h=2]Tasty
[/h] Photograph by Rob Daugherty, National Geographic Your Shot
While visiting Alaska’s Lake Clark National Park, Your Shot member Rob Daugherty planned to photograph coastal brown bears. He saw 21 bears on the first day alone. He came across this one about two hours into a boat ride on Crescent Lake. “He had just finished eating a salmon,” Daugherty writes. “It was an epic moment to photograph him as he licked his fishy, post-meal chops.”

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Hanging On

air-hangar-brooklyn_85699_990x742.jpg

November 14, 2014

[h=2]Hanging On
[/h] Photograph by Valtteri Murto, National Geographic Your Shot
“I’m an airline pilot interested in both urban decay and aviation history,” writes Your Shot member Valtteri Murto, who captured this picture during a day off spent photographing parts of Brooklyn. “I came to Floyd Bennett Field out of pure curiosity, and after noticing these hangars, I just couldn’t keep myself away,” he writes. Though it was a sunny day in March, recent rains had left large puddles that caught reflections like this one. “I had to dodge falling pieces of aluminium plating,” Murto adds. “The hangars are in a state of serious decay, and roof panels and debris were blown across by gusty wind.”

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Seal Dive

fur-seal-dive-peschak_85948_990x742.jpg

November 26, 2014

[h=2]Seal Dive[/h] Photograph by Thomas P. Peschak, National Geographic
Southern Africa has some of the world’s richest waters. But debate swirls over how to sustain these seas and the fishing communities that depend on them. Here, a fur seal surfs Atlantic swells off Cape Town. To conserve sea life around the city’s coastline, a marine protected area (MPA)—one of 23 in South Africa—was created in 2004.

Fonsec@

In Memoriam
Entrou
Set 22, 2006
Gostos Recebidos
Lofty Frosts

hoarfrost-romania-pestera-winter_86228_990x742.jpg

December 2, 2014

[h=2]Lofty Frosts
[/h] Photograph by Eduard Gutescu, National Geographic Your Shot
Frost settles over the village of Peştera, Romania, in this picture by Your Shot member Eduard Gutescu.